Director of Education
We’re a professional regional theater looking to hire a motivated, organized, and talented educator to help run our youth programs. The Director of Education is an educator, administrator and theater generalist dedicated to our mission and focused on our educational programs for youth, teens, and adults.
Reports to the Executive Director, and works in collaboration with the Artistic Director
- The administration of all Portsmouth Academy of Performing Arts programming; including classes, day camps, workshops and overnight camp.
- Collaboration with Artistic Director on content of youth programming, selecting shows etc.
- Hiring/firing of all educators, counselors, and camp staff
- Serve the Mission of the Seacoast Rep
- Produce, develop or hire programming in service to the mission.
- Oversee all Youth programming and productions
- The Director of Education and Youth is the managing director of PAPA, but also has some educational and artistic responsibilities.
- Processes payments and keeps records related to registration.
- Hires/fires all teaching staff, counselors, and camp staff
- Oversees the budget for PAPA
- Laisse with PAPA parents and guardians
- The Director is the primary point of contact for parents and guardians. The DEY should strive to develop relationships that retain students.
- Represent the Seacoast Rep
- The DEY will represent the Seacoast Rep at functions related to PAPA.
- Assist in Development
- As the PAPA program makes the Rep competitive for grants and attracts donors, the DEY will work with the Director of Marketing and Development to secure funding.
- Manage and Develop Talent
- PAPA is intended to be a true preparation for theater operations, and thus the Director of Education and Youth will manage and develop talent in the same way as the Artistic Director.
- Oversee PAPA Camp
- The DEY will live at camp for its duration and oversee its operations in collaboration with the Artistic director.
- A college degree, preferably with relevance to theater education
- Theater and theater education experience. Music instruction experience a plus
- Comfort with computers and theater technology
- Excellent organizational skills
- A good attitude and demeanor with customers and children
- Management experience a plus
Pay and Benefits
- Pay commensurate with experience
- Paid flexible vacation time
- Free acute care
Please send cover letter with resume to Kathleen@seacoastrep.org.
The Seacoast Repertory Theatre provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Seacoast Repertory Theatre complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The Seacoast Repertory Theatre expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment, including harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of The Seacoast Repertory Theatre’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.