Seacoast Repertory Theatre is committed to contributing to the cultural wealth of the Seacoast community through the shared experience of live theatre. Our productions and outreach programs are inclusive and accessible and are created to empower and inspire the imaginations of both audience and artist.
- We seek to become a part of the social and artistic fabric of the Seacoast and help it thrive
- We want to create shared experiences between not only performer and audience, but audience and audience.
- We want to create works that exist for this audience at this moment.
- We strive to provide programming that has both variety and affordability.
- We want to provide opportunities for the community to join us as patron or participant.
- We want to nurture the creativity of our patrons and our artists.
Here are the facts:
- The Rep is a not-for-profit arts and educational institution.
- The Seacoast Repertory Theatre has been in business since 1988.
- The Rep offers its audience a unique ¾-Thrust space
- Until the 1970s our offices and performance space acted as the warehouse for the Portsmouth Brewing Company.
- The former home of Theatre By The Sea
- We have produced over 300 mainstage and youth productions since 1988.
- The Rep’s Senior Moments program has been offering area seniors opportunities to explore their imagination and creativity since 1999.